Spreading the beans
I had no chickpeas at home, whereas I needed a spread for lunches at the office during the week ahead. I found I had black beans, so decided to make this yummy and nutritious spread (cos beans are full of proteins, fiber, magnesium and help regulate blood sugar levels – did you know that?). Since then, I vowed to always have some black beans stocked. And once making this, I saw that the colour of the result was so lovely, that it is also a great variation to the spreads aka dips one prepares for parties, to dip veggies in.
So, for a full jar of this spicy black bean spread, you will need:
- 1 can or 400 grams black beans (drained and rinced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Omega 3 oils (or olive or any neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalaya salt
Simply blend everything together in a food processor, until it forms a smooth spread.
Et voilà! Enjoy!